Even One Step Equals Progress

Growing up. Does it ever end?

My feet stopped growing by the time I was in high school - size 8. I reached the status of average height (5'4") by the time I graduated high school. I am regularly battling growth around the middle, and the additions that want to hang around on my hips and thighs. 

But growing up isn't just about physical growth. There's emotional growth and mental growth and spiritual growth. And it seems that with every lesson learned, every valley triumphed, every mountaintop scaled, there is another lesson to be taught, and another challenge to be conquered. Writing that makes me tired. You?

I'm 50. And some days I'm tired. 

I can look and see what I can put in the "achieved: been there, done that" column of life. But there is so much more. More dreams for me, my boys, the future generations.

The mere thought and time spent pondering leads me to a fork. Do I choose to feel overwhelmed and just throw my hands up because it just all seems impossible? Or. Do I choose to recognize that I cannot see what is at the end of the path but determine to put one foot in front of the other.

I recently told one of my students that a step forward - no matter how small - is progress. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His Breath

His Breathe

The Spoken Word